Solar to communities
Since 2005 we have directly supported approximately 25MW of solar to Australian communities across Vic, NSW, QLD, SA and WA, including:
- Supported Sunshine Coast Council in offsetting all its electricity consumption with 15MW renewable energy from its own solar farm. Rate payers in the Sunshine Coast Council community are able to benefit from $22 million in savings over the next 30 years in this operating, peer to peer utility scale project.
- Our Solar Communities program delivered 20 community centres across Australia totalling 116 KW’s of solar at no cost to the community.
- We installed over 2,250 solar systems on elderly people’s homes at no cost.
- We supplied 100 per cent renewable electricity for the construction of “The Block” 2016 site and enabled the installation of the rooftop solar system, which comprised a 4.5kW solar array with a 30kW battery storage unit.
- With our innovative products and partners, we are continuing to open up new market segments and have made solar available and affordable to a broader community, including low income earners, retirement village tenants, commercial tenants and tenants in rental properties.
We look forward to further expanding our product offerings to also incorporate energy management options.