Energy Market Interface Services Capability Statement
Diamond Energy is unique in that we finance, build, own and operate generation facilities in our own right as well as posses a range of regulatory and energy market accreditations.
The combination of this expertise and various accreditations allows Diamond Energy to provide a tailored & yet cost effective fully integrated energy market interface service to developers/owners of distributed generation facilities.
Key Diamond Energy accreditations include:
- Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) accreditation as a Financially Responsible Market Participant (FMRP) and Responsible Person (RP);
- Austraclear Accreditation to sell and settle electricity transactions in the wholesale National Electricity Market (NEM);
- Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC) Australian Financial Services License (FSL) that enables it to participate in the electricity futures markets;
- Retail electricity Licences in Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales & Queensland.
- Office of the Renewable Energy Regulator (ORER) accreditation regarding the creation & transaction of Largescale Renewable Energy Certificates (LREC’s);
- New South Wales Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) accreditation under the Greenhouse Gas Abatement Scheme (GGAS) regarding the creation & transaction of New South Wales Greenhouse Gas Certificates (NGAC’s); and
- Essential Services Commission Victoria accreditation under the Victorian Renewable Energy Target (VRET) regarding the creation & transaction of Victorian Renewable Energy Certificates (VREC’s).
Key Diamond Energy service capabilities include:
- Provision of competitive power purchase agreements (PPA’s) specifically tailored to generator’s requirements;
- PPA’s can include export/import power and green certificates (LREC’s, NGAC’s, VRET’s, etc) as appropriate – with market spot and/or fixed long-term pricing options available;
- Management of all AEMO scheduled generator dispatch requirements including:
- Day-to-day management of generator operation with regard to owners objectives and forward market conditions;
- AEMO offer submission/re-adjustment for generator MW capacity, price, and other ancillary services for each trading interval via the AEMO MMS system; and
- Management of all AEMO communications (including: offer acknowledgment, dispatch instructions, PASA forecasts, etc).
- Confirm and settle all generator transactions using AEMO MSATS system and Diamond Energy’s Austraclear Facility.
- Compliance with all AEMO Prudential Requirements;
- Manage all administrative requirements in regard to the creation, verification and reporting requirements in regard to various “green certificate” products (ie: LREC’s, NGAC’s, VREC’s, etc) as appropriate; and
- Regular communication and comprehensive reporting to generator owner.