By upgrading 10 lights from incandescent to energy efficient LED globes can save you $190 per year*
Lighting usage in the home all adds up!
By changing your habits and using energy efficient lighting and design, you could start saving energy!
Reduce your artificial lighting
- Remember to switch off the lights when you’re not in the room
- Light coloured rooms reflect natural light better, decreasing the need for artificial lighting
- Natural light is the cheapest form of lighting
- Design your lighting to your requirements. For example, consider task lighting
Increase the efficiency of your lighting
- Consider upgrading to energy efficient lights, such as LEDs
- Efficient LED lights are also cooler than fluorescent or halogen globes and can reduce air conditioning use. Win!
- Using motion sensors/timers for outdoor security lights will save you remembering to turn them off
- Relatively low cost solar lights can store electricity and light up your garden at night